Braised Pork Belly (Kong Bak)
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||35 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 kg pork belly with skin in one large piece
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- 2 cups Water
- 1 large Onion peeled and diced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 medium cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- five spice powder for marinating
- 1/4 cup soy sause
- 1/3 cup Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup rock sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground White Pepper
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Pat the pork belly dry with a kitchen towel. Rub the pork belly with five-spice powder and set aside for 30 minutes
- Searing the meat (optional): Prese [SAUTE] Mode, add about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and sear the whole pork belly until golden brown.
- Press [MEAT/STEW] function with Instant pot: Transfer pork belly into Instant pot. Add water, spices, and seasonings. Cover the lid, turn to seal, Press the Pressure Cook mode and set the timer to 45 minutes.
- Natural release pressure and gently remove pork belly to a chopping board and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serving suggestions: Slice pork belly into serving pieces (large or bite-size is up to you). You can serve this with noodle, rice, steamed buns, taco, or salad.