Coconut Curry Vegetable Rice Bowls
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||13 minutes|
|Cook Time||32 minutes|
- 2/3 cup Uncooked Brown Rice rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt divided
- 1 cup Green Onion chopped both green and white parts
- 1 cup Red or Yellow Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1 cup Chopped Red or purple cabbage
- 1 can Sliced Water Chestnuts drained, 8 oz
- 1 can No Salt Added Chickpeas rinsed and drained, 15 oz
- 1 can Lite Coconut Milk 13 oz
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- Combine the rice, water, curry powder, and 1/4 tsp of the salt in the Instant Pot.
- Seal the lid, close the valve, and set the Manual/Pressure Cook button to 15 minutes.
- Use a natural pressure release for about 12 minutes. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Press the Cancel button and set to Sauté. Then press the Adjust button to “More” or “High.” Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, or until all the ingredients are heated through, stirring occasionally.
NUTRITION FACTS Choices/Exchanges: 2 Starch, 2 Nonstarchy Vegetable, 1 Fat Calories: 240; Calories from Fat: 50; Total Fat: 6.0 g; Saturated Fat: 3.5 g; Trans Fat: 0.0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 330 mg; Potassium: 540 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 42 g; Dietary Fiber: 7 g; Sugars: 9 g; Protein: 8 g; Phosphorus: 230 mg