Dried Cod Fish & Peanut Congee
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||1-3 hours|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 120 g Rice
- 30 g Glutinous Rice
- 500 ml Chicken Stock
- 300 ml Water
- 50 g Dried Scallops
- 100 g Peanuts
- 50 g Cha Yu (Dried Cod Fish)
- 1 cup Fried Bee Hoon
- 1/4 cup Chopped Spring Onions
- 2 tbsp Shredded Ginger
- Sesame Oil
- Wash and drain the rice. Pour in 1 tsp oil and massage for 3 mins. Pour 200ml water and soak for 1- 3 hrs. Soak dry scallop in 150 ml water.
- Air-fry Cha Yu until crispy. When cool, tear into smaller pieces using your hands
- Soak peanuts in hot boiling water for 30 mins then drain. Transfer the nuts to the inner pot. Pour in 500ml water. Select Bean, high pressure, high heat for 10 mins. Natural release pressure.
- Open the cover, add in the rice and scallops with their soaking water. Add the chicken stock (500ml) and Water (300ml), 2 slices of ginger and Cha Yu. Cover the pot and Select Porridge, High Heat, High Pressure time: 10 mins, Natural release pressure when done cooking.
- Ladle congee into bowls, garnish & serve.