Flattened rice mixture (Spicy snack mix)
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup Flattened rice (Poha / Aval)
- 1/4 cup Fried gram dal
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 1/8 cup coconut flakes
- 10 Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Raisin
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 green chilli slit (optional)
- Salt as needed
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp or to taste Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Prepare the flattened rice by sieving in a collander to remove any husk/ impurities.
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Press sautee mode in high heat for 5 mins
- Add flatned rice and roast well until timer is done.Set aside.
- Press sautee mode again for 20 mins in Normal heat.
- Add oil and first add peanuts and coconut flakes.
- Roast until peanuts are roasted and coconut flakes turns golden.
- Add cashews, roasted gram dal, raisin and roast until the cashews turn golden.
- In goes sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Just give it a fry and add spice powders and immediately stir well.
- Cancel the sautee and add roasted flatened rice and mix thoroughly.
- Lastly add salt and sugar and mix to incorporate.