No-soak Pulut Tai-Tai
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 cups (400 g) Glutinous rice
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml Water
- 2 pandan leaf knots
- 1 sheet banana leaf
- 100 ml Butterfly Pea colouring
- Kaya to serve
- Combine all ingredients except for Butterfly pea colouring to the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Press “RICE”, Close and lock the lid to start the cycle. Turn the pressure valve to sealing.
- After Rice cycle is over, turn the pressure release valve to venting and open the lid.
- Remove the pandan leaves, add the Butterfly pea colouring to half of the rice. Gently Fluff the rice and put the lid back on. Cook in Rice function for another 15mins.
- Transfer Rice to a loaf tin lined with banana leaf. Press to compact rice and place a heavy object over tin to further compact rice.
- Allow rice to cool for 2 hrs. Remove from loaf tin, cut into squares to serve
- To Serve, Cut Pulut Tai tai into squares and serve with a side of kaya