Peanut Chicken and Sugar Snap Peas with Noodles
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||11 minutes|
|Cook Time||2 hours|
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Breast Tenders cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbsp CornStarch
- 2 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tsp Fresh Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper crushed
- 1 tsp Dark Sesame Oil
- 2 cups Chicken Broth lower-sodium, fat free
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter natural-style
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar Snap Peas trimmed
- 1 cup Carrots matchstick-cut
- 12 ounce Spaghetti 1 package
- 1/2 Sliced scallions Sliced Scallions
- 1/4 cup Peanuts dry-roasted, unsalted, chopped
- Lime Wedges optional
- Combine chicken, 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of the teriyaki sauce, 1 teaspoon of the garlic, and red pepper in a bowl; toss well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken mixture to pan; cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Stir in 1⁄2 cup of the broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Transfer chicken mixture to the inner pot of a 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Combine remaining 1 1⁄2 cups broth, peanut butter, remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch, remaining 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic in a bowl; pour over chicken mixture.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Venting” position. Press [Slow Cook], and use [Adjust] to select “More” mode. Press [-] or [+] to choose 1 hour 30 minutes cook time.
- When time is up, open the lid and stir in peas and carrots. Repeat slow cook procedure, choosing 30 minutes cook time. When time is up, peas should be crisp-tender.
- While peas and carrots cook, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Add cooked spaghetti to chicken mixture in cooker; toss well.
- Sprinkle with scallions and peanuts; serve with lime wedges, if desired. Enjoy!