Peranakan Ayam Tempra ( Chicken in Sweet Sour sauce )
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 700 g chicken
- 3 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 medium Red Onions thinly sliced
- 3 Red Chilli sliced
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 150 ml Water
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté for 10mins: Heat 3 tbsp oil and add in chicken. Brown it on both sides for 5mins.
- Add in onions. Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil over the onions and stir fry. Allow onions to cook for the last 5 mins of Saute cycle.
- Add in the dark soya sauce, kecap manis, sugar, lime juice, Half of cut chilli and water into pot
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on Low Pressure for 20 mins. Ensure Pressure Vent is sealed. Close and lock the lid to start the cycle.
- When the timer goes off, use Quick Pressure release to release steam. Remove the lid.
- Serve with a side of white rice and garnish with fresh cut chilli and coriander if desired.