Shrimp with Tomatoes and Warm Spices
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 1 lb Large Shrimp peeled and deveined, 26 to 30 per pound
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil divided, plus extra for drizzling
- 5 cloves garlic minced, divided
- 1 tsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tbsp Salt divided
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 Red Or Green Bell Pepper stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Ras el hanout
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 can Whole Peeled Tomatoes drained with juice reserved, chopped coarse (28 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Pitted Brine-Cured Green Or Black Olives chopped coarse
- 2 tbsp Coarsely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 scallions sliced thin on bias
- Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using highest Sauté function, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in Instant Pot until shimmering. Add bell pepper, onion, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining garlic, ras el hanout, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and reserved juice.
- Lock lid in place and close pressure release valve. Select Pressure Cook function and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and quick-release pressure. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.
- Stir shrimp into tomato mixture, cover, and let sit until opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in olives and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle individual portions with scallions and drizzle with extra oil before serving.
*Pressure Cook and Manual buttons are interchangeable