Steamed Sugee Cake
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
1 7-inch cake
- 1 block (220 grams) unsalted butter diced and softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (120 grams)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup semolina flour (sugee or suji) (100 grams)
- 3 pcs whole eggs
- 2 pcs egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Unbleached all-purpose flour (80 grams)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (120 grams)
- 50 g almonds finely chopped
- 1 cup Water
- Grease sides and bottom of a 7-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom of the pan with baking paper.
- Cream butter and 120g sugar for 1 minute in a mixer. Add milk and semolina flour. Mix well. Set aside covered for an hour (to allow semolina to absorb moisture).
- Beat eggs and yolks until frothy. Add 120g sugar slowly. Beat for 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and stir.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in ground almonds and chopped almonds.
- Fold 1/2 of the egg mixture to the butter mixture. Then fold 1/2 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Repeat above step without overmixing.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and tap onto a surface to remove air bubbles.
- Add 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot and place the steaming rack inside.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to Steam mode for 40 minutes.
- Once cooking is done, remove the lid. Lift out the cake pan using the steamer rack holds. Carefully, remove the foil cover.
- Let the cake cool before removing from the pan. Serve and enjoy!