Teochew Braised Duck
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 whole duck rinsed and dried,skin on
- 1 tsp five-spice powder minced
- 2 inches galangal peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp rock sugar (powdered)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 pcs star anise
- 1 pc cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 stalks Green Onion sliced thin
- Press Saute on the Instant Pot on Less and add powdered rock sugar and 2 tbsp water.
- Increase heat to Normal and boil without stirring until medium caramelised. Press Cancel and add 1 cup of water (mixture will spit). Stir over heat until smooth.
- Add 5-spice powder, garlic, galangal, soy sauces, star anise and cinnamon. Then place in the whole duck. Add enough water to cover about halfway up the duck pieces.
- Press Saute again and bring to simmer for 5 minutes, skimming any scum and access oil that comes to the surface.
- Press Cancel and close the lid. Press Poultry and select Pressure Level High. Adjust time to 40 minutes.
- Once done, natural release pressure and take out the duck from the Instant Pot.
- Serve the duck with rice and enjoy!