Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 minutes|
- 2 ounces Salmon Fillets about 8 each
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce use tamari if gluten free
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Mirin can substitute sake or sherry
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger freshly grated
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2-3 Green Onions minced, reserve some for garnish
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce, water, mirin, sesame oil, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and green onions and whisk to combine.
- Place salmon in two 6 inch square pans or two 8 inch mini loaf pans and pour half of the marinade over the salmon (reserve half of the marinade for serving). Allow salmon to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Place the prepared pans inside, stacking them to form an X shape.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, pour reserved marinade into a small saute pan over medium high heat on the stove top. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and whisk to combine. Once the marinade comes to a simmer, slowly pour in the cornstarch slurry and whisk constantly until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Serve warm over rice (or cauliflower rice for paleo) and drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the dish. Garnish with reserved green onion.