Tok wan Rendang
Discover amazing with Instant Pot:
|Prep Time||10-20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 kg Beef Chuck cubed
- 1 litre coconut milk
- 200 g roasted grated coconut /desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp fennel powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Chilli for garnishing
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 8 tbsp Chilli paste
- 2 large onions
- 12 shallots peeled
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 inches knob of ginger
- 8 stalks Lemongrass white portion only
- 2 inches knob of galangal
- 3 pcs candlenuts
- 1 inch knob turmeric
- Combine all spice ingredients and pound/ blend them in the food processor till fine paste. Set aside.
- In the inner pot, Press the SAUTE button. Sauté spice paste in instant pot till fragrant.
- Add in beef cubes and mix well.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stir till well combined.
- Put on the cover and turn the knob to SEAL. Press MEAT/STEW function. LOW setting for 30mins. When done , we will do a natural pressure release till the silver knob drops down and that is when the cover is safe to open.
- If you are using the grated coconut, please toast it over the pan till golden brown.
- Add in cumin, fennel powder, Salt and sugar. Press the SAUTE button to sauté and mix well.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens. Sprinkle toasted grated coconut and mix well.
- Serve with piping hot rice!